Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sonogram news

Good Morning Jolianne,
Well yesterday I had a sonogram to measure your development. The doc says you weight about 2 lbs and 9 oz which is normal for this week. You measured good all over except for you head. You are about three weeks behind in head size. Dr. Yost said that Microcephaly (small head) is a sign of a genetic disorder. There are several that it could be, so we won't know which one until we do an amniocentesis around 34 weeks. I have to say that it did come as a surprise. Even though Dr. Yost told me 3 weeks ago that you would probably have some kind of syndrome, I guess I have been ignoring that part. I had hoped that we would be able to fix your heart problem and you would be on your way. Yesterday I did have a hard time with the news. I think the hardest thing is not knowing which syndrome it is. We want to try to be prepared so that we can give you everything you need. I know that we will probably not know much until you are born. What I do know is that Daddy and I are going to do whatever we can to give you the best life possible.
We love you very much!!!
Mommy

4 comments:

Nana and Papa said...

Dear Jeremy and Crystal,
We just want you to know that we are praying for you and for our little angel Jolianne. It is so hard to digest what all this means but as someone just reminded me, it is still in God's hands.
Please know how proud we are of both of you and the way you are handling yourselves in these overwheming times.
We love you all,
Nana and Papa

Aunt Tanya said...

Dear Jolianne, I just wanted you to know that you have the best Mama Daddy ever.God has entrusted your parents too keep you safe,and they have just done an awesome job of that already.If you have special needs they will attend to those needs.You are so loved already and that will not change only grow deeper.I Love you Little girl.

The Claytons said...

Jolianne,

My sweet little niece, I know too that Your Mommy and Daddy will do whatever they can and need to, to give you the best life possible. You couldn't ask for a better Mommy and Daddy!

Love you my sweet little niece,

Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! You are such a wonderful inspiration. I know you will have the strength and courgage to be the best Mom and Dad ever. Don't give up and please keep praying. I know we all are. See you soon.
Love Mom