Thursday, April 16, 2009

Monthly Pregnancy Photo


I have decided to take a pic of myself every time I hit the month mark. Yesterday was 2 months so here is my picture. I believe that the bulge in my stomach at this point has more to do with cheese burgers, french fries, pizza, you know, all of the crap I have been stuffing down my throat for the past few years. At any rate. . . I will post a new picture of myself at 12 weeks and we can see how much food I have eaten, no wait, I mean we can see how the baby is growing =).
So I have about 5 pregnancy books that I read daily (I know it's weird) and here are some stats on the little one for this week. Crown to rump length is .8 inches, about the size of a pinto bean. Now do you see what I mean about the bulge, ha ha. My uterus is about the size of a grape fruit. My fibroid is the size of an orange. Let's see, pinto beans, grape fruits, oranges. . . Before long I will have a fruit salad going on!!!! Back to the baby. . . this week eyelids are starting to form over the eyes. The tip of the nose is present and ears are forming internally and externally. The heart is pumping and tubes leading from the throat to the functioning part of the lung are branched out like a tree. Arm and leg buds continue to grow longer. This week the notches which will become fingers are formed. According to Ronnie the baby still looks like an alien. (I have to say at this point that I agree.)
Oh yeah, I have decided to give the baby a fake name until we get the real one picked out. I have merged mine and Jeremy's names together to come up this Jeretal or Crysemy. I don't really like either one though. Any suggestions???

4 comments:

The Claytons said...

I love the pic! How about some sort of "fruity" thing since you have such fruity cravings and all the fruit talk on your blog. Don't do jeretal though (sounds like geritol (sp) complete) Crysemy is kind of cute though. Great blog today - I really loved it!

Anonymous said...

This is Jeremy. Me and Crystal cannot agree on a name. Everyone that reads this please put 3 boy names down and 3 girl names. Think hard, you never know, someone may think Bart is a good name and then next thing you know you will be calling your Grandson or Neice Bart or Louise.
My picks
Girls:
Ryanne
Joleeann
Autumn

Boys
Nathan
adam
wyatt

Anonymous said...

This is Crystal again.

My top names are
girls:
Anna
Clara
Lily
JoAnna

boys:
Ryan Nathan
Wesley
Ethan

Anonymous said...

This is Mom. Love the page. What great technology you have to record and share everything this time around. As far as names go I do like Lily (crystal's pic) and Adam (Jeremy's pic). But I'll list my Fav 3 after I think about it a bit. What were Andy's and Ronnie's favs? When do you find out the sex? Or do you even want to know? God Bless my beautiful and loving daughter and her new baby.